State of Texas Academic Standards
Texas Academic Standards, Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS), Overview Page
What are the Texas Academic Standards?
Texas’ standards have been created to represent the skills and knowledge your child will need to succeed throughout and after school.
Example Academic Standard: Middle School Arts
Perception: The student describes and analyzes musical sound and demonstrates musical artistry. The student is expected to:
- individually demonstrate characteristic vocal or instrumental timbre;
How do I find the Texas Academic Standards?
Detailed grade-level standards for Texas are for the Arts, Mathematics, Science, Language Arts, Physical Education, Spanish Langauge, Arts, Social Studies, and Career Education K-8. More general standards are available for these subjects across the high school grades.
- Click the subject you wish to view under the “Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills by Chapter” item.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Theories of Learning
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Child Development Theories
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Curriculum Definition
- Teaching Your Kids About Ramadan