State of Texas Academic Standards
Texas Academic Standards, Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS), Overview Page
What are the Texas Academic Standards?
Texas’ standards have been created to represent the skills and knowledge your child will need to succeed throughout and after school.
Example Academic Standard: Middle School Arts
Perception: The student describes and analyzes musical sound and demonstrates musical artistry. The student is expected to:
- individually demonstrate characteristic vocal or instrumental timbre;
How do I find the Texas Academic Standards?
Detailed grade-level standards for Texas are for the Arts, Mathematics, Science, Language Arts, Physical Education, Spanish Langauge, Arts, Social Studies, and Career Education K-8. More general standards are available for these subjects across the high school grades.
- Click the subject you wish to view under the “Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills by Chapter” item.
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Bullying in Schools
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- First Grade Sight Words List