State of Wyoming Academic Standards
Wyoming State Academic Standards Overview Page
What are the Wyoming State Academic Standards?
Standards specify what students must master. They are not instructional curricula or technical documents used by teachers to guide day-to-day instruction. Teachers ensure that students achieve standards by using a range of instructional strategies that they select based on their students' needs.
Example State Academic Standard: K-4 Arts
ADVANCED PERFORMANCE 4th grade students at the advanced performance level consistently and independently demonstrate appropriate behavior for the context and style of art presented. Students correctly identify and use terms common to the arts and other disciplines.
PROFICIENT PERFORMANCE 4th grade students at the proficient performance level consistently demonstrate, with minimal assistance, appropriate behavior for the context and style of art presented. Students correctly identify terms common to the arts and other disciplines.
BASIC PERFORMANCE 4th grade students at the basic performance level have difficulty demonstrating appropriate behavior for the context and style of art presented. Students have difficulty identifying terms common to the arts and other disciplines.
BELOW BASIC PERFORMANCE 4th grade students at the below basic level require extensive support or provide little or no evidence in meeting the standard.
How do I Find the Wyoming State Academic Standards?
Wyoming standards are available for Career/Vocational, Early Childhood Readiness, Fine & Performing Arts, Foreign Language, Health, Language Arts, Math, Physical Education, Science, and Social Studies for all grades. http://edu.wyoming.gov/Programs/standards.aspx
- Click the subject you wish to view; the documents contain all grades.
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Bullying in Schools
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- First Grade Sight Words List