Chemistry and Atoms for Nursing School Entrance Exam Practice Problems
The study guide for these practice questions can be found at:
- Which of the following statements about atoms is true?
- They have more protons than electrons.
- They have more electrons than protons.
- They are electrically neutral.
- They have as many neutrons as they have electrons.
- What is the mass number of an atom with 60 protons, 60 electrons, and 75 neutrons?
- What is the atomic number of an atom with 17 protons, 17 electrons, and 20 neutrons?
- Two atoms, L and M, are isotopes. Which of the following properties would they NOT have in common?
- atomic number
- atomic mass
- chemical reactivity
- the number of protons in the nucleus
- An atom with an atomic number of 58 and an atomic mass of 118 has
- 58 neutrons.
- 176 neutrons.
- 60 neutrons.
- 116 neutrons.
- According to Dalton's theory, the only way a compound can consist of its elements in a definite ratio by mass is that it is made from the elements in
- a definite ratio by volume.
- a definite ratio by number of atoms.
- multiple whole-number ratios by mass.
- multiple whole-number ratios by volume.
- Which of the following is a mixture?
- sodium chloride
- rice and beans
- magnesium sulfate
- The mass of an atom is almost entirely contributed by its
- electrons and protons.
- If an atom consists of 9 protons and 10 neutrons, its
- atomic number is 10.
- mass number is 10.
- number of electrons is 9.
- electrical charge is 9.
- Which of the following is true of an atom?
- It consists of protons, neutrons, and electrons.
- It has a nucleus consisting of protons, neutrons, and electrons.
- The protons are equal in number to the electrons, so the nucleus is electrically neutral.
- All of the above are true.
From Nursing School Entrance Exam. Copyright © 2009 by LearningExpress, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Add your own comment
Wondering what others found interesting? Check out our most popular articles.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Steps in the IEP Process
Take a look at what other users are searching for most.