Cell Biology for Nursing School Entrance Exam Practice Problems
The study guide for these practice questions can be found at:
- Most of a cell membrane's specific functions are controlled by
- The basic method by which chloroplasts and mitochondria generate ATP is
- Which of the following regions exists just outside the nuclear membrane of most animal cells?
- the centrosome
- the equatorial plane
- the organelle
- the pellicle
- The decay of a leaf after it falls from a tree indicates an increase in its
- ecological efficiency.
- metabolic disequilibrium.
- Alcoholic fermentation is a form of
- anaerobic respiration.
- aerobic respiration.
- cation exchange.
- Phagocytosis is a form of
- In the structure of cells, in which of the following organisms would one find a cell wall?
- a dog
- a fruit fly
- a tulip
- a mackerel
- Which of the following is the electron acceptor in fermentation?
- The small spherical bodies within a cell where proteins are assembled according to genetic instructions are called
- Golgi apparatus.
- Metastasis refers to the
- uncontrolled division of cancer cells.
- irregularity in shape of a cancer cell.
- spread of cancer cells to sites beyond their origin.
- transformation of a normal cell into a cancer cell.
From Nursing School Entrance Exam. Copyright © 2009 by LearningExpress, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
Wondering what others found interesting? Check out our most popular articles.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Bullying in Schools
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- First Grade Sight Words List
Take a look at what other users are searching for most.