Roadmap to College: Notified by Colleges and Admissions Decisions
When Will I Be Notified by Colleges?
You will be notified by colleges at different times in your senior year, depending on how and when you applied. The chart below lists approximate dates for receiving decisions:
|Types of Admission||Expected Date of Notification|
2–8 weeks from the date your application is complete
|Early Decision II||February|
Regular Decision (deadlines through Feb. 15)
Regular Decision (deadlines after Mar. 1)
How Will I Be Notified?
There are several ways in which colleges inform you of their admission decision. There are no standardized methods for this important notification, so you can check with each college or your guidance counselor to find out how you will be notified. Possible options include:
- Mail: Some colleges still use good, old-fashioned snail mail.
- Phone: Some private colleges use the telephone to deliver good news.
- E-mail: You may receive an e-mail with your decision or you may be instructed to check your online account.
- College Web site’s online account: If you have set up an account and have been given a user name and password, you may be able to “check your status” on the college’s Web site in the admissions section. You should make sure to set up your account before decision notifications have begun to prevent any potential problems with logging in to your account.
Softening the Blow or Magnifying the Joy
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Bullying in Schools
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- First Grade Sight Words List