Exploring Careers in the Military: Jobs in Today's Military
People in the military do just about every kind of work that exists in civilian life. They may be physical therapists, computer repair technicians, photographers and journalists, management analysts, auto mechanics, life scientists . . . you get the idea. And free job training is provided for every one of the over 4,000 individual military jobs. If a particular type of work interests you, you can most likely find it in the military. The range of job opportunities in today’s military is extremely broad.
Military jobs fall into several categories including:
- Accounting, Budget, and Finance
- Combat Operations
- Construction, Building, and Extraction
- Education and Training
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Human Resources Management and Services
- Law Enforcement, Security, and Protective Services
- Mechanic and Repair Technologists and Technicians
- Naval and Maritime Operations
- Transportation, Supply, and Logistics
- Arts, Communications, Media, and Design
- Business Administration and Operations
- Communications Equipment Technologists and Technicians
- Counseling, Social Work, and Human Services
- Engineering and Scientific Research
- Health Care Practitioners
- Information Technology, Computer Science, and Mathematics
- International Relations, Linguistics, and Other Social Sciences
- Legal Professions and Support Services
- Medical and Clinical Technologists and Technicians
- Personal and Culinary Services
Here you will find many opportunities to serve our country.
High-quality job training is provided right from the start. After Basic Recruit Training, you probably will attend advanced training (AT), where you attend a school that teaches you the skills necessary to do a particular job. AT combines classroom and hands-on learning environments. Well-trained instructors and a low student/teacher ratio are the norm. Over 60 percent of the courses in advanced training are certified for college credit by the American Council on Education.
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
WORKBOOKSMay Workbooks are Here!
WE'VE GOT A GREAT ROUND-UP OF ACTIVITIES PERFECT FOR LONG WEEKENDS, STAYCATIONS, VACATIONS ... OR JUST SOME GOOD OLD-FASHIONED FUN!Get Outside! 10 Playful Activities
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Steps in the IEP Process