Immaturity and Behaviors of Young Children
The word immature means not fully grown; therefore, being young means being immature. The following behavior problems can be directly traced to immature coordination, undeveloped communication ability, childish social skills, and other perfectly normal aspects of early childhood.
Some Normal Behaviors of Young Children
Physical Immaturity Can Cause:
- disrupting group time
Emotional Immaturity Can Cause:
- hitting, kicking, biting
- tears and tantrums
Social Immaturity Can Cause:
Cognitive Immaturity Can Cause:
- being selfish
- telling "lies"
- taking things
© ______ 2007, Merrill, an imprint of Pearson Education Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved. The reproduction, duplication, or distribution of this material by any means including but not limited to email and blogs is strictly prohibited without the explicit permission of the publisher.
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Social Cognitive Theory
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- The Homework Debate
- First Grade Sight Words List