Immaturity and Behaviors of Young Children
The word immature means not fully grown; therefore, being young means being immature. The following behavior problems can be directly traced to immature coordination, undeveloped communication ability, childish social skills, and other perfectly normal aspects of early childhood.
Some Normal Behaviors of Young Children
Physical Immaturity Can Cause:
- disrupting group time
Emotional Immaturity Can Cause:
- hitting, kicking, biting
- tears and tantrums
Social Immaturity Can Cause:
Cognitive Immaturity Can Cause:
- being selfish
- telling "lies"
- taking things
© ______ 2007, Merrill, an imprint of Pearson Education Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved. The reproduction, duplication, or distribution of this material by any means including but not limited to email and blogs is strictly prohibited without the explicit permission of the publisher.
Add your own comment
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Graduation Inspiration: Top 10 Graduation Quotes
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Smart Parenting During and After Divorce: Introducing Your Child to Your New Partner