What Are the Long-Term Effects of Bullying?
The physical and emotional consequences of being a victim of bullying can be severe. Children who are bullied are:
- At greater risk of depression and lower self-esteem later in life.1
- More likely to report migraine and non-migraine headaches.2
- Prone to missing more school because of excused and unexcused absences.
- At higher risk for running away from home.1
- More likely to have problems with alcohol and drug use.
Add your own comment
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Graduation Inspiration: Top 10 Graduation Quotes
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Smart Parenting During and After Divorce: Introducing Your Child to Your New Partner