What Are the Long-Term Effects of Bullying?
The physical and emotional consequences of being a victim of bullying can be severe. Children who are bullied are:
- At greater risk of depression and lower self-esteem later in life.1
- More likely to report migraine and non-migraine headaches.2
- Prone to missing more school because of excused and unexcused absences.
- At higher risk for running away from home.1
- More likely to have problems with alcohol and drug use.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Social Cognitive Theory
- The Homework Debate
- GED Math Practice Test 1