Prefix and Suffix Chart: An Exercise to Teach Suffix and Prefix Meanings
To teach the meanings and uses of suffixes and prefixes
Chart similar to the one shown below
|Prefix||Prefix Meaning||Root||Whole Word||Suffix||Suffix Meaning|
|x||x||soft||softly||-||in a way|
Have students fill in the blank spaces in the chart. Place an X in the spaces that are not applicable.
© ______ 2009, Allyn & Bacon, an imprint of Pearson Education Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved. The reproduction, duplication, or distribution of this material by any means including but not limited to email and blogs is strictly prohibited without the explicit permission of the publisher.
Add your own comment
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Steps in the IEP Process