Electronics Information Practice Problems for McGraw-Hill's ASVAB
The study guide for this quiz can be found at:
- Alternating current is so called because
- it is an alternative to direct current.
- it alters the magnetic field.
- resistance alternates many times per second.
- the current changes direction many times per second.
- An electric current is
- a form of energy.
- a flow of electrons.
- the ability to do work.
- both A and B.
- A battery
- always produces direct current.
- may produce alternating current.
- converts electric energy into chemical energy.
- must have a liquid electrolyte.
- In a series circuit, total voltage drop equals
- the drop produced by the biggest resistance in the circuit.
- the sum of the individual voltage drops.
- one-half the total individual voltage drops.
- the inverse of the largest individual voltage drop.
- A volt is a unit of electric(al)
- If a 120-volt current is running through a circuit with a resistance of 6 Ω, what is the current strength in amperes?
- 15 A
- 20 A
- 30 A
- 60 A
- The transformer depends on the relationship between electricity and
- chemical energy.
- In an electric motor, magnets
- repel each other.
- attract each other.
- cancel each other.
- amplify each other.
- A circuit without resistance is called
- an open circuit.
- a short circuit.
- a closed circuit.
- a hot circuit.
- A transformer changes the ______ in a circuit.
- both B and C
- In a series circuit, a switch controls
- all devices on the circuit.
- only devices with a positive charge.
- only devices with a negative charge.
- voltage, but not current.
- Which is the same at all points in a parallel circuit?
- A switch in a series-parallel circuit controls
- all devices.
- some or all devices.
- only electronic devices.
- only non-electronic devices.
- The purpose of dopant in a semiconductor is to make it act as a(n)
- A or C.
- In a parallel circuit, what is the total resistance if the individual resistances are 3 and 12 ?
- 5/12 Ω
- 12/5 Ω
- 12 Ω
- 5 Ω
From ASVAB: Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery. Copyright © 2009, 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Next Article: Auto Information Study Guide 1 for McGraw-Hill's ASVAB
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
Wondering what others found interesting? Check out our most popular articles.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Bullying in Schools
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- First Grade Sight Words List
Take a look at what other users are searching for most.