Additional Reading Skills and Knowledge for Praxis II ParaPro Test Prep Study Guide
Practice questions for this study guide can be found at:
Every question on the reading section of the ParaPro Assessment is multiple-choice with four answer choices. The answer choices will always be a, b, c, and d.
Most questions on the Reading Skills and Knowledge section of the ParaPro Assessment are based on a short reading passage, book excerpt, or lesson plan. Fortunately, most of the passages on the ParaPro will be relatively short—one or two paragraphs. Each passage will then include anywhere from one to four questions. There will be a few "stand-alone" questions in between passages that are not related to any particular passage.
Most problems on the reading section of the ParaPro Assessment will ask a specific question, such as the following problem:
- Which pair of words are antonyms?
- high and far
- big and large
- find and lose
- there and their
Even though this book calls them "questions," some of the problems on the ParaPro Assessment do not include a question mark. Those questions will ask you to complete a sentence, such as the following problem:
- The main idea of the passage is
- building the ancient pyramids was a very difficult job.
- Egypt is the best place to see pyramids.
- it can be very hot if you visit Egypt in the middle of the summer.
- there are pyramids in several different countries in the world.
A few questions on the reading section will ask you to find the answer choice that is NOT true. These types of questions can be very tricky! Fortunately, the makers of the test will capitalize the word that tells you that you are looking for the answer that is NOT true.
- The passage says all of the following facts about snakes EXCEPT that they
- live in almost every part of the world.
- are all poisonous.
- have two lungs.
- are a type of reptile.
For this type of question, you would need to get rid of any answer choice that presents a true fact, based on the information in the passage. The one statement that is NOT supported by the passage will be the correct choice.
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
WORKBOOKSMay Workbooks are Here!
WE'VE GOT A GREAT ROUND-UP OF ACTIVITIES PERFECT FOR LONG WEEKENDS, STAYCATIONS, VACATIONS ... OR JUST SOME GOOD OLD-FASHIONED FUN!Get Outside! 10 Playful Activities
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Steps in the IEP Process