Suggested Family Activities to Replace TV Viewing
- Take a walk
- Challenge your child to invent different ways to move about your home or outside; go to the kitchen as slowly as you can, then crawl back, then hop back again, and so on
- Read a book together
- Do a puzzle together
- Write down your child's words in a letter to a loved one, then decorate it together
- Find something you use every day in your house and make it fancy- how about a toothbrush with a glitter handle?
- Go outside to rake leaves, shovel snow, gather interesting objects that you find
- Get down on the floor and build something with blocks, tangrams, Legos
- Ride bikes with your child
- Swim at the local Y
- Brainstorm ideas with your child about what would be more fun than watching TV
© ______ 2006, Merrill, an imprint of Pearson Education Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved. The reproduction, duplication, or distribution of this material by any means including but not limited to email and blogs is strictly prohibited without the explicit permission of the publisher.
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- The Homework Debate
- Social Cognitive Theory
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- First Grade Sight Words List