Test Preparation for Nursing Assistant/Nurse Aide Exam
Passing the CNA certification exam is a rite of passage to your new career, and it allows you to use the CNA credential after your name. Passing may mean more job security and a better salary, and it may be the boost to inspire you to further your nursing career.
Like all good things, passing the exam does not come easily. You do have to work for it. But you don’t have to work alone. The LearningExpress Test Preparation System is here to help. In just ten easy-to-follow steps, you will learn everything you need to prepare for the exam and help you perform your best. You’ll be in control. Being a “good test-taker” requires more than just knowing your material. It means being prepared.
Here is how the LearningExpress Test Preparation System works: Ten easy steps lead you through everything you need to know and do to get ready to master your exam. Each step includes both reading about the step and one or more activities. It is important that you do the activities along with the reading, or you won’t be getting the full benefit of the system.
- Step 1: Know the Potential Test-Taking Blockers
- Step 2: Get Information
- Step 3: Conquer Test Anxiety
- Step 4: Make a Plan
- Step 5: Learn to Manage Your Time
- Step 6: Learn to Use the Process of Elimination
- Step 7: Know When to Guess
- Step 8: Reach Your Peak Performance Zone
- Step 9: Get Your Act Together
- Step 10: Do it!
If you have several hours, you can work through the whole LearningExpress Test Preparation System in one sitting. Otherwise, you can break it up and do just one or two steps a day for the next several days. It is up to you—remember, you are in control.
Step 1: Know the Potential Test-Taking Blockers
Activities: Think about tests you had difficulty with in the past. Then take a look at the list of test-taking blockers and see how many of them applied to you back then. Now make your own list from the suggestions for correcting them, place it on your desk or refrigerator, and start making changes. For example, if you were a negative thinker, write, “Think Positive: I WILL pass my certification exam!”
Part A: Test-Taking Blockers
Test taking is challenging because of the many pitfalls that can keep you from doing your best.
- Having a negative attitude: Thinking that you will do poorly can actually cause you to fail. Think positive. Stand in front of a mirror and say, “I will pass my nursing assistant certification exam!” Post signs around your home and car that say, “I WILL pass!” Write your name with the letters CNA after it.
- Not taking ownership of your career: Teachers don’t fail students; students fail on their own. Take ownership of your career. While others may help you, it ultimately remains up to you to pass the certification exam.
- Not preparing for the exam: Don’t be over-confident. Even straight-A students can fail exams if they have not prepared.
- Preparing at the last minute: Everyone is pressed for time these days, but you need to make adequate time to prepare for your exam. Weeks are better than days, and days are better than hours. Squeezing several weeks of studying into one night only increases test anxiety. Save that last night for a quick review and a good night’s sleep.
- Not practicing: The more you practice nursing assistant exam questions, the better you’ll be at answering the ones on your certification exam. Use and reuse the practice exams in this book. You will increase your comfort level and keep getting better at answering multiple-choice questions and performing job-related tasks.
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Bullying in Schools
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- First Grade Sight Words List