Writing Skills and Knowledge for Praxis II ParaPro Test Prep Study Guide
The practice quiz for this study guide can be found at:
Every question on the reading section of the ParaPro Assessment is multiple-choice, with four answer choices. The answer choices will always be a, b, c, and d.
About eight of the first problems on the Writing and Knowledge section of the ParaPro will ask you to identify an error in the sentence. The error could be related to grammar, punctuation, or word usage. Four parts of the sentence will be underlined with the letters a, b, c, or d. under them. You need to select the part that contains the error. There will always be exactly one error in these sentences. Look at the following problem:
- giant squids can to be more than 40 feet long, in such deep water that few people ever seen one.
- the Sahara
The subject of the sentence is giant squids, which is plural. Therefore, it lives should be they live. The underlined words it lives contain an error, so choice c is the correct answer.
Other questions on the test may look like the following problems:
Even though it is now the world's largest desert, the Sahara was once home to crocodiles during its wetter past.
What is the subject of the sentence?
This question tests your knowledge of the parts of a sentence. Review the writing glossary beginning on page 166 to ensure that you remember each part. The subject of the sentence is the Sahara, so choice b would be correct.
Approximately four questions will test your spelling, as in the following example.
- Which of the following words is NOT spelled correctly?
For this type of question, you simply need to find the word that is NOT spelled correctly. The word that is NOT spelled correctly is the correct choice. The words in choices a, b, and c are spelled correctly. The word mammal should be spelled mammal, so choice d is correct.
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Social Cognitive Theory
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- The Homework Debate
- First Grade Sight Words List