About This School
NATIONAL BLUE RIBBON SCHOOL OF EXCELLENCE
NATIONAL SCHOOL OF CHARACTER
All members of Excelsior Academy will be respectful and responsible individuals.
The mission of the Excelsior Academy community
(students, staff, and families) is to provide a safe and
nurturing environment wherein students become literate,
thinking, independent, and productive citizens.
School-Wide Learning Expectations
Excelsior Academy Students
Who Attends EA?
Students who are successful at Excelsior are those children in grades 1-12 who:
• show unique learning profiles such as ADD, dyslexia, nonverbal learning disorder, language disorders, Asperger Syndrome, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, and others
• have difficulties processing and expressing information
• are smart, creative, and talented
• are at risk of being lost in larger classrooms
• have the potential for achievement in higher education
• can achieve success in a career of their choosing
• want to share a positive learning experience with understanding teachers and supportive classmates
In 2010, Excelsior Academy had 8 students for every full-time equivalent teacher. The California average is 24 students per full-time equivalent teacher.
Student Ethnicity (2010)
Students Per Teacher (2010)
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.