Kapalama Elementary School
Honolulu, HI 96817
About This School
In 2011, Kapalama Elementary School had 18 students for every full-time equivalent teacher. The Hawaii average is 16 students per full-time equivalent teacher.
Student Ethnicity (2011)
Students Per Teacher (2011)
Subsidized Lunch (2011)
District Spending (2010)
Grade 3 Reading Performance
Kapalama Elementary School Reviews
1. School Uniforms - pay one time at the beginning of the year and the only thing you have to think about is shorts/pants/skirts and shoes.
2. After-School Program - The program is located at the school making it very convenient.
3. Assisted Reading Program - They offer students one-on-one assistance in beefing up their reading confidence and skill.
1. Outdated Website - they need a website that can do much more than give a brief blurb about where the school is located. There are so much more information that could be included that could help parents find out more about activities, deadlines, calendars, etc.
2. Lack of communication - parents should be given a Student Policy/Guide Book or atleast have it posted on the website.