Kapalama Elementary School is located in Honolulu, HI and is one of 207 elementary schools in Hawaii Department Of Education School District. It is a public school that serves 674 students in grades PK-5.
Kapalama Elementary School did not make AYP in 2011. Under No Child Left Behind, a school makes Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) if it achieves the minimum levels of improvement determined by the state of Hawaii in terms of student performance and other accountability measures. See Kapalama Elementary School's test results to learn more about school performance.
Kapalama Elementary School
1. School Uniforms - pay one time at the beginning of the year and the only thing you have to think about is shorts/pants/skirts and shoes.
2. After-School Program - The program is located at the school making it very convenient.
3. Assisted Reading Program - They offer students one-on-one assistance in beefing up their reading confidence and skill.
1. Outdated Website - they need a website that can do much more than give a brief blurb about where the school is located. There are so much more information that could be included that could help parents find out more about activities, deadlines, calendars, etc.
2. Lack of communication - parents should be given a Student Policy/Guide Book or atleast have it posted on the website.
by a Parent
on Jul 8, 2010
Click on this flag and we will review this school review and remove it from the site if it violates our Terms of Service. Thanks for helping us keep Education.com high quality.
Student Economic Level (2011)
In 2011, Kapalama Elementary School had 57% of students eligible for free or reduced price lunch programs. Hawaii had 47% of eligible students for free or reduced price lunch programs. Eligibility for the National School Lunch Program is based on family income levels.
The Hawaii Department of Education spends $12,350 per pupil in current expenditures. The district spends 63% on instruction, 32% on support services, 5% on other elementary and secondary expenditures. More about Hawaii Department of Education District
In 2011, Kapalama Elementary School had 18 students for every full-time equivalent teacher. The Hawaii average is 16 students per full-time equivalent teacher.
The Education.com TestRating is a number (1-10) calculated by Education.com that provides an overview of a school’s test performance for a given year, by comparing the school’s state standardized test results to those of other schools in the same state. For Hawaii, the TestRating is calculated using a school's 2011 Hawaii State Assessment (HSA) Results for all subjects tested.more...