About This School
In 2010, Sacred Heart School had 19 students for every full-time equivalent teacher. The Louisiana average is 14 students per full-time equivalent teacher.
Student Ethnicity (2008)
Students Per Teacher (2010)
Sacred Heart School Reviews
Sacred Heart is not for everyone. My mother teaches at St. Aloyisus, my neice and nephew attend Our Lady of Mercy, and the difference in education is minimal. It's a different culture at Sacred Heart one that prepares children for real world. I love this school and would have them attend any other in the City.
My son was in preschool at Sacred Heart. He was having problems with another student in the class. I asked the teacher to move my son and she told me she was going to let them remain sitting next to each other. Why would you let a student remain sitting next to each other who are constantly fighting? When I told the teacher I wanted to observe my son in her class, she told me no. So, I asked the secretary and she told me it was up to the teacher. What kind of policy is this? Parents can't observe their child in class. I thought all schools had an open door policy for parents.
My wife and I decided to pull our child out of Sacred Heart because we were disappointed in the quality of education and their treatment, in general, of students and parents. If you are interested in Sacred Heart, I recommend the questions below:
1. What curriculum is being used? Is it aligned to state standards? How does the principal know teachers are teaching what they should be?
2. Are all teachers certified to teach in the public schools? What kind of certification does the school require?
3. What is the discipline policy and can you explain it?
4. What is the retention rate for the students? Does Sacred Heart retain more girls than boys? Why/why not?
5. Is Sacred Heart willing to work with students with exceptionalities (e.g. learning disabilities, physical disabilities, etc...)? Do these students have IEPs?
The answers to these questions were unsatisfactory to my wife and I.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.