About This School
In 2011, Heritage Middle School had 18 students for every full-time equivalent teacher. The North Carolina average is 15 students per full-time equivalent teacher.
Student Ethnicity (2011)
Students Per Teacher (2011)
Subsidized Lunch (2011)
District Spending (2010)
All Grades Algebra I Performance
Heritage Middle School Reviews
Disappointed 2 1/2 Stars
I had heard a lot of positive things about this school. We transferred in for 8th grade, and I have to say I am disappointed.
1) The teachers require a lot of parents to teach and keep up at home. When I say a lot its 4 hours of homework a night.
2) Each week a communication from the lead team is sent and it reminds I mean" Reprimands" the parents making sure they are on the website and keeping up with all assignments.
3) Tests ( I mean assessments) are very challenging, so the norm is that they kids have to do test corrections.
4) Maybe the school is better for a student who doesn't have a reading disability but for me they do not provide enough accommodations especially in the peripheral subjects of science and social studies.
5) We have been in the school for five months and they don't have any dances and minimal extra curricular activities. There are a lot of transients that relocated and you look to yuor school activities for socialization. I am just not seeing it.