Seventh, Eighth, Ninth
In this experiment, you will be making your own paper flashlight by conducting electricty with graphite.
- What metals are best for conducting electricity?
- Why is graphite not the best conductor?
- Why is it that the closer the alligator clip is to the light, the brighter it becomes?
- 2 alligator clips and wires
- LED Light
- Graphite pencil
- Thick piece of paper
- 9V battery
- Electrical tape
- Attach one wire to the negative on the 9V battery.
- Attach the other wire to the positive on the 9V battery.
- Take the graphite pencil and draw a thick line about 3 inches long.
- Take the negative alligator clip and clip it to one LED wire.
- Take the positive alligator clip and touch it to the graphite line. If done correctly, the LED light should light up.
- Drag the clip closer and farther from the LED. Observe what happens.
- You may experiment with different lengths and lines to make the paper circuit.
Concepts: electricity, conductors, resistors, insulators