This project deals with an idea for an energy source that is derived from the motion of what people are already doing. For instance, imagine cars moving on the freeway, and that the cars are somehow mechanically or digitally connected to a sensor or a machine that performs work. Imagine kids playing on a see-saw that is mechanically attached to a device that churns butter. Design your own mechanical invention that utilizes existing motion.
How is energy converted into mechanical motion?
- Computer with Internet access
- Color printer
- Digital camera
- Typical office/hobby/hardware/craft supplies (paper, poster board, glue, etc.).
- Whatever supplies are needed if you decide to build your design.
- Design a contraption that does useful work using existing motion.
- If possible, build it and make it work.
- Interpret your findings in a detailed report.
- Include photos, diagrams, models and demonstrations in your science fair display.
Disclaimer and Safety Precautions
Education.com provides the Science Fair Project Ideas for informational
purposes only. Education.com does not make any guarantee or representation
regarding the Science Fair Project Ideas and is not responsible or liable for
any loss or damage, directly or indirectly, caused by your use of such
information. By accessing the Science Fair Project Ideas, you waive and
renounce any claims against Education.com that arise thereof. In addition, your
access to Education.com's website and Science Fair Project Ideas is covered by
on Education.com's liability.
Warning is hereby given that not all Project Ideas are appropriate for all
individuals or in all circumstances. Implementation of any Science Project Idea
should be undertaken only in appropriate settings and with appropriate parental
or other supervision. Reading and following the safety precautions of all
materials used in a project is the sole responsibility of each individual. For
further information, consult your state's handbook of Science Safety.