Geographic changes are changes in the earth's landscape such as the drying up of rivers or changes in plant growth. Geographic changes usually happen over great lengths of time. Factors contributing to geographic changes include erosion, climate change, natural disasters and human interference. This project challenges you devise a method for making geographic predictions of your own.
How can we predict geographic changes?
- Computer with Internet access
- Color printer
- Digital camera
- ypical office/hobby/hardware/craft supplies (paper, poster board, glue, etc.).
- Read overview of relevant topics (see bibliography below)
- Address all of the terms and research questions mentioned here.
- Search and print out interesting images relevant to your topic.
- Take photographs throughout the course of the experiment.
- Consult relevant academics and professionals for guidance and advice. These may include professional geographers, instructors and cartographers.
- Devise a new or improved method of predicting a geographic change.
- Explain your reasoning in a detailed report.
- Include photos, diagrams, models and maps in your science fair display.