Grade Level: 9th - 12th; Type: Programming/Website Design
Design a new or improved real estate website.
The goals of this project are::
- To design a more versatile real estate website
- To improve on an existing real estate website.
- How are real estate websites designed?
- What are today's top real estate websites?
Buying and selling real estate is coming back in style these days. However, most real estate websites lack certain useful features that would make the potential buyer's search more flexible, and the seller's listing more visible. This project invites you improve on existing real estate website designs.
- Computer with Internet access
- Color printer
- Digital camera
- Typical office/hobby/hardware/craft supplies (paper, poster board, glue, etc.)
- Read overview of relevant topics (see bibliography below)
- Address all of the terms and research questions mentioned here.
- Search and print out interesting images relevant to your topic.
- Contact realtors and real estate websites for advice and further information.
- Design a modification to an existing real estate website. For example, you could create a nationwide “by-price” search feature that does not require the visitor to specify a location.
- Write your findings in a detailed report.
Include photos, diagrams and demonstrations in your science fair display.
Terms/Concepts: Commercial Real Estate; Realtor; Residential Real Estate
- http://mls.com/ (Multiple Listing Service)
- http://www.realtor.com/ (A popular-but-somewhat-lacking real estate listing website)
- http://realestate.shop.ebay.com/?_rdc=1 (ebay – search real estate listings)
- http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites (craigslist – search real estate listings)
- Internet searches of your choosing. Search words or terms listed here, or make up your own phrases. Click on any results you find interesting. Have fun surfing the net!