Creating a Website to Promote the Value of Science
2011 VIRTUAL SCIENCE FAIR ENTRY
Difficulty of the Project
Time Taken to Complete the Project
- To encourage an higher level of interest in science among the general public.
- To create a useful new website that earns money.
Materials and Equipment
- Computer with internet access
- Website template
Building a website is not so hard, which is why there are so many million websites on the net. Building a quality website is another story. In this project you will design and build a science website that draws increasing visitor traffic and actually earns money!
Terms and Concepts for Background Research
- Graphic design
- Keyword optimization
- How does a person learn to build a website? You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to build a website. It is very easy once you get the hang of it.
- How do websites draw visitor traffic? By sending out emails and telling people to checkout your website.
- How do websites make money? You can have a donation page or you can have a search engine on your website and if people search on it you get money.
- Study relevant topics.
- Search and print out interesting images relevant to my topic.
- Build a website using free software available online.
- Carefully follow the instructions as you design and build your science website.
- Include photos, diagrams, models and demonstrations in your science fair display.
I learned how to build a website without using expensive software.
Questions for Further Research
If I were to conduct this project again, I would talk to my dad and have him help me with Ideas.
Warning is hereby given that not all Project Ideas are appropriate for all individuals or in all circumstances. Implementation of any Science Project Idea should be undertaken only in appropriate settings and with appropriate parental or other supervision. Reading and following the safety precautions of all materials used in a project is the sole responsibility of each individual. For further information, consult your state’s handbook of Science Safety.