Multiplying/Dividing with Exponents Help
Introduction to Multiplying and Dividng with Exponents
When multiplying (or dividing) quantities that have exponents, use the exponent properties to simplify each factor (or numerator and denominator) then multiply (or divide).
Find practice problems and solutions at Multiplying/Dividing with Exponents Practice Problems - Set 1.
Multiplying and Dividing with Exponents - Using the Property of Negative Exponents
There are times in algebra, and especially in calculus, when you will need to convert a fraction into a product. Using the fact that , we can rewrite a fraction as a product of the numerator and denominator raised to the –1 power. Here is the idea:
Find practice problems and solutions at Multiplying/Dividing with Exponents Practice Problems - Set 2.
More practice problems for this concept can be found at: Exponents and Roots Practice Test.
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
WORKBOOKSMay Workbooks are Here!
WE'VE GOT A GREAT ROUND-UP OF ACTIVITIES PERFECT FOR LONG WEEKENDS, STAYCATIONS, VACATIONS ... OR JUST SOME GOOD OLD-FASHIONED FUN!Get Outside! 10 Playful Activities
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Steps in the IEP Process