Vibrant Verbs and Vocabulary Help Practice Exercises
Read the following study guide for a concept review:
Activity 1: WORD MATCH
Match each word on the left with its synonym on the right.
1. entice a. accrue 2. punish b. admonish 3. reproduce c. atrophy 4. shrivel d. beguile 5. waver e. capitulate 6. decorate f. chastise 7. adapt g. delineate 8. surrender h. disseminate 9. banish i. embody 10. copy j. garnish 11. accumulate k. imbibe 12. restore l. inveigle 13. distribute m. modulate 14. reword n. officiate 15. scold o. ostracize 16. deceive p. paraphrase 17. manage q. plagiarize 18. define r. propagate 19. partake s. redress 20. symbolize t. vacillate
Activity 2: YOU DECIDE
Read each question below and circle the correct answer.
- If you had a little bit of money, what would you hope it did as quickly as possible?
- If your muscles start to atrophy, it means you'll get _____.
- If you were asked to officiate at your sister's basketball game, it would mean that you were allowed to _____.
- play in the game
- throw the first ball
- sit in the stands
- make the rules
- If your parents are upset with you, they're most likely going to _____ you.
- If you are vacillating, it means you are _____.
- Your teacher would probably be very upset to find out that you'd _____.
- When you redress a situation, you _____.
- ignore it
- correct it
- finish it
- report it
- Which of the following words can be used as either a noun or a verb?
- Which of the following words has a specific meaning in electronics?
- If you bring separate things together into a whole, you _____ them.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Grammar Lesson: Complete and Simple Predicates
- Definitions of Social Studies
- Child Development Theories
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- How to Practice Preschool Letter and Name Writing
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Curriculum Definition