East Asian and American Civilization Practice Test
Review the following study guides if necessary:
- East Asian and American Civilization
- The Tang Dynasty
- The Song Dynasty
- Japanese Civilization
- Korean Civilization
- Latin America Civilization
- The Incan Empire
- North America Civilization
1. Which of these made civilization possible in Latin America?
A. the European conquest
B. the development of writing
C. the ability to cultivate maize
D. the mild climate
2. _____________ is the author of Japan’s first written constitution.
A. Fujiwara Mototsune
B. Prince Shotoku
C. Fujiwara Tokihira
D. Empress Suiko
3. The Incan Empire is unique in history as a complex empire that did not have _______________.
A. a foreign policy of expansion and conquest
B. absolute monarchs
C. a system of writing
D. hereditary right to rule
4. The Khitan people of Central Asia invaded and conquered ______________ in the early eleventh century.
5. An Lushan is historically significant for _____________.
A. leading a major uprising against the Tang emperor
B. sacking the capital city of Changan
C. sending envoys to China to learn about its culture
D. being the first empress of Japan
6. Which tradition learned from China had the least influence on Japan?
A. hereditary monarchy
D. the Chinese writing system
7. What was the major long-term consequence of China’s rise in population?
A. the enlargement of the army
B. the division of China into several kingdoms
C. the impoverishment of the land and the peasantry
D. the revocation of the civil service exam
8. The Chinese invented all of the following except _______________.
A. the printing process
D. the pendulum clock
9. The kingdom of _______________ overcame the other Korean kingdoms in the seventh century.
10. Which best defines the Iroquois Confederacy?
A. a popular democracy
B. a parliamentary legislature
C. an intertribal peacekeeping organization
D. a nation of several tribes
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
WORKBOOKSMay Workbooks are Here!
ACTIVITIESGet Outside! 10 Playful Activities
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights