Biochemistry Practice Questions
Review the following concepts if needed - Biochemistry Study Guide
1. What three elements are found in carbohydrates?
2. What is the primary function of food carbohydrates in the body?
3. What are steroids classified as?
4. A high level of ketone bodies in urine indicates a marked increase in the metabolism of what?
5. What molecules are produced when sucrose is broken down by the enzyme sucrase?
6. What are the bonds between amino acids in a polypeptide called?
7. In the following multienzyme sequence, molecules of E are able to fit to the enzyme E1 and prevent the conversion of A to B. What is this action of E called?
8. Which polysaccharide is a branched polymer of α-glucose found in the liver and muscle cells?
9. What is the site on an enzyme molecule that does the catalytic work?
1. Carbon, hydrogen, oxygen
5. D-glucose, D-fructose
6. Peptide bonds
7. Feedback inhibition
9. Active site
Today on Education.com
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- The Homework Debate
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Social Cognitive Theory
- GED Math Practice Test 1