Punctuation Grammar Rules: Grammar ReviewPractice Exercises
Review the lesson for Punctuation Grammar Rules: Grammar Review Study Guide.
Practice Exercise: End Punctuation
Place the correct punctuation at the end of each sentence. Check you answers at the end of the exercises.
- The sun was shining in my window when I woke up
- Did you see the tightrope walker at the circus
- The honest stranger found a wallet and returned it to its owner
- Ouch That hurt
- Excellent work class, I am very proud of you
Practice Exercise: Commas
Place all missing commas in the following sentences. Then, check your answers at the end of the exercises.
- Sal's uncle Joe is a mail carrier in Mississippi.
- Believe it or not Joe walks about five miles a day on his route.
- Last month he was chased by a neighborhood dog Rex while working on his route.
- Fortunately he was able to run jump a fence and hop into his truck for safety.
- Joe's customer Mr. Henderson was careful to keep Rex inside from then on.
Practice Exercise: Periods and Commas
Add periods and commas where necessary in the following sentences. Then, check your answers at the end of the chapter.
- Mr Eatmore S Pinach president of the Ban Brussels Sprouts Association (BBSA) is heading a worldwide protest against the sale and consumption of the so-called wild cabbage.
- It seems its popularity has soared to new heights since the latest campaign The Brussels Sprout Tout has gone on tour throughout Europe Asia and North America.
- The operation has prompted many widespread international antisprout movements among dark leafy greens lovers led by China's Bok Choy Switzerland's Swiss Chard and North America's renowned Dan D Lyon Green.
- Donations to support the cause are greatly appreciated so please feel free to give your time or money generously.
- Send all correspondence and contributions to BBSA 481 Bountiful Blvd Verdant Valley CA 98765.
Practice Execise: Colons and Semicolons
Add colons and semicolons where necessary in the following sentences. Then, check your answers at the end of the exercises.
- Mom's list included the following milk, eggs, butter, toothpaste, and soap.
- I was supposed to be home at 1130 A.M., but I got home at 130 P.M. instead.
- Pratishta couldn't decide whether to watch Ace Ventura Pet Detective or Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.
- The weather on Sunday was spectacular however we had to stay home to paint.
- His new baby sister was precious her blue eyes were riveting.
Practice Exercise: Quotation Marks, Commas, and Endmarks
Identify any words or sentences that require quotation marks, and properly place commas and endmarks in the following sentences. Then, check your answers at the end of the exercises.
- Remember, class, said Mr. McDermott, tomorrow is Spirit Day, so wear green!
- I don't think I have anything green, thought Julie. I wonder if Kevin will let me borrow his football jersey.
- This will be the third thing you've borrowed from me this week! Kevin said to Julie. Including the jersey, you have to make sure you return my CD and my yearbook.
- Smiling, Julie replied, I'll go get your yearbook and CD right now. I wanted to show Carol a picture of Mike Wiley, a boy she likes.
- Uh, that's more information than I needed to know, Jules. Just go get my stuff, jibed Kevin, on his way out the door.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Theories of Learning
- Child Development Theories
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Curriculum Definition
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development