Logic Game Practice Set 3 (page 2)
For more practice on analytical reasoning or logic game, refer to:
- Logic Game Practice Problems Set 1
- Logic Game Practice Problems Set 2
- Logic Game Practice Problems Set 3 You are here
- Logic Game Practice Problems Set 4
Remember, the best way to answer these logic game questions is to attack the information systematically. Make a diagram outlining all the given information. There's always at least one fact that can serve as your starting point, the place to begin eliminating possibilities.
Answer questions 1 through 3 on the basis of the information below.
Five towns—Fulton, Groton, Hudson, Ivy, and Jersey—which are covered by the same newspaper, all have excellent soccer teams. The teams are named the Panthers, the Whippets, the Antelopes, the Kangaroos, and the Gazelles. The sports reporter, who has just started at the newspaper, has to be careful not to get them confused. Here is what she knows:
- The team in Fulton has beaten the Antelopes, Panthers, and Kangaroos.
- The Whippets have beaten the teams in Jersey, Hudson, and Fulton.
- The Antelopes are in Groton.
- The team in Hudson is not the Kangaroos.
- Where are the Whippets?
- Where are the Panthers?
- What team is in Fulton?
Answer questions 4 through 6 on the basis of the information below.
Henri delivers flowers for a local florist. One lovely day, he left the windows open on the delivery van and the cards all blew off the bouquets. He has to figure out who gets which flowers. He has five bouquets, each of which has only one kind of flower: daisies, roses, carnations, iris, and gladioli. He has five cards with names on them: a birthday card for Inez, a congratulations-on-your- promotion card for Jenny, a graduation card for Kevin, an anniversary card for Liz, and a housewarming card for Michael. Here's what Henri knows:
- Roses are Jenny's favorite flower and what her friends always send.
- Gladioli are traditionally sent for a housewarming.
- Kevin is allergic to daisies and iris.
- Liz is allergic to daisies and roses.
- Neither Liz nor Inez has moved recently.
- Which flowers should be delivered to Kevin?
- Who should get the housewarming gladioli?
- Which flowers should be delivered to Liz?
Answer questions 7 through 10 on the basis of the information below.
Five cities all got more rain than usual this year. The five cities are: Last Stand, Mile City, New Town, Olliopolis, and Polberg. The cities are located in five different areas of the country: the mountains, the forest, the coast, the desert, and in a valley. The rainfall amounts were: 12 inches, 27 inches, 32 inches, 44 inches, and 65 inches.
- The city in the desert got the least rain; the city in the forest got the most rain.
- New Town is in the mountains.
- Last Stand got more rain than Olliopolis.
- Mile City got more rain than Polberg, but less rain than New Town .
- Olliopolis got 44 inches of rain.
- The city in the mountains got 32 inches of rain; the city on the coast got 27 inches of rain.
- Which city is in the desert?
- Last Stand
- Mile City
- New Town
- Which city got the most rain?
- Last Stand
- Mile City
- New Town
- How much rain did Mile City get?
- 12 inches
- 27 inches
- 32 inches
- 44 inches
- 65 inches
- Where is Olliopolis located?
- the mountains
- the coast
- in a valley
- the desert
- the forest
- d. The Whippets cannot be in Jersey, Hudson, or Fulton, since they have beaten those teams. The Antelopes are in Groton, so the Whippets are in Ivy.
- e. The Panthers cannot be in Ivy or Groton, because the Whippets and Antelopes are there. Fulton has beaten the Panthers, so they cannot be in Fulton. Fulton has also beaten the Kangaroos, so the only town left for the Kangaroos is Jersey. That leaves Hudson for the Panthers.
- b. Every team and town is matched up, except Fulton and the Gazelles, so the Gazelles must be in Fulton.
- a. Kevin is allergic to daisies and iris; he's not getting gladioli because it's not his housewarming. The roses are going to Jenny, leaving the carnations for Kevin.
- d. Jenny is getting roses and Kevin is getting carnations. Neither Liz nor Inez would be getting a housewarming present. Michael is getting gladioli.
- e. The only flowers unassigned are iris and daisies. Liz is allergic to daisies, so she is getting the iris.
- e. The city that got the least rain is in the desert. New Town is in the mountains. Last Stand got more rain than Olliopolis, so it cannot be the city with the least rain; also, Mile City cannot be the city with the least rain. Olliopolis got 44 inches of rain. Therefore, Polberg is in the desert and got 12 inches of rain.
- a. Olliopolis got 44 inches of rain. Last Stand got more rain than that, so it got 65 inches, which is the most.
- b. Olliopolis got 44 inches of rain, Last Stand got 65, and Polberg got 12. New Town is in the mountains, and the city in the mountains got 32 inches of rain. Therefore, Mile City got 27.
- c. Olliopolis got 44 inches of rain, so it is not in the desert or the forest. The city in the mountains got 32 inches of rain; the coast 27. Therefore, Olliopolis is in a valley.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Grammar Lesson: Complete and Simple Predicates
- Definitions of Social Studies
- Child Development Theories
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Social Cognitive Theory
- How to Practice Preschool Letter and Name Writing
- Theories of Learning