Logic Game Practice Set 4 (page 2)
For more practice on analytical reasoning or logic game, refer to:
- Logic Game Practice Problems Set 1
- Logic Game Practice Problems Set 2
- Logic Game Practice Problems Set 3
- Logic Game Practice Problems Set 4 You are here
Here's one more set of logic games. Remember, mapping out the game using all the given information is the most efficient way to attack this type of question.
Answer questions 1 through 4 on the basis of the information below.
Eleanor is in charge of seating the speakers at a table. In addition to the moderator, there will be a pilot, a writer, an attorney, and an explorer. The speakers' names are Gary, Heloise, Jarrod, Kate, and Lane.
- The moderator must sit in the middle, in seat #3.
- The attorney cannot sit next to the explorer.
- Lane is the pilot.
- The writer and the attorney sit on either side of the moderator.
- Heloise, who is not the moderator, sits between
- Kate and Jarrod.
- The moderator does not sit next to Jarrod or Lane.
- Gary, who is the attorney, sits in seat #4.
- Who is the moderator?
- Where does Jarrod sit?
- seat #1
- seat #2
- seat #3
- seat #4
- seat #5
- What occupation does Jarrod hold?
- a moderator
- a pilot
- a writer
- an attorney
- an explorer
- Who is the writer?
Answer question 5 on the basis of the information below.
Zinnia has a small container garden on her balcony. Each spring, she only has room to plant three vegetables. Because five vegetables are her favorites, she has worked out a schedule to plant each at least once every two years. The vegetables are: beans, cabbage, carrots, peppers, and tomatoes.
- Tomatoes are her favorites and she plants them every year.
- Each year, she plants only one vegetable that begins with the letter "C."
- She never plants carrots and peppers in the same year.
- She will plant cabbage in the second year.
- first year: tomatoes, carrots, cabbage second year: tomatoes, peppers, beans
- first year: tomatoes, peppers, beans second year: cabbage, carrots, tomatoes
- first year: tomatoes, carrots, peppers second year: tomatoes, cabbage, beans
- first year: tomatoes, carrots, beans second year: tomatoes, cabbage, peppers
- first year: tomatoes, cabbage, peppers second year: carrots, cabbage, beans
Answer questions 6 through 10 on the basis of the information below.
Five roommates—Randy, Sally, Terry, Uma, and Vernon—each do one housekeeping task—mopping, sweeping, laundry, vacuuming, or dusting—one day a week, Monday through Friday.
- Vernon does not vacuum and does not do his task on Tuesday.
- Sally does the dusting, and does not do it on Monday or Friday.
- The mopping is done on Thursday.
- Terry does his task, which is not vacuuming, on Wednesday.
- The laundry is done on Friday, and not by Uma.
- Randy does his task on Monday.
- d. The moderator sits in seat #3. It cannot, then, be Gary or Jarrod or Lane, who sit next to the moderator.Heloise is not the moderator; therefore, the moderator is Kate.
- a. Jarrod cannot sit in seat #3 because he is not the moderator. Nor can he sit in seat #2 or #4, because he does not sit next to the moderator. Heloise cannot sit on an end, nor in seat #3 or #4, so she is in seat #2, between the moderator (Kate) and Jarrod, who must be in seat #1.
- e. Jarrod sits in seat #1 and is not the moderator; nor is he the pilot or the attorney. The attorney sits in seat #4 and cannot sit next to the explorer. Therefore, the pilot, Lane, is in seat #5, and the explorer must be in seat #1, Jarrod's seat.
- b. Jarrod is the explorer, Lane is the pilot, Kate is the moderator, and Gary is the attorney. Heloise must be the writer.
- d. Zinnia plants tomatoes each year, so choice is incorrect. Each year, she plants either carrots or cabbage, but not both. She will plant cabbage in the second year, so she will plant carrots in the first. She never plants carrots and peppers together, so the first year is tomatoes, carrots, beans and the second is tomatoes, cabbage, peppers.
- c. Dusting must be done on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. However, the mopping is done on Thursday, and Terry does his task on Wednesday. Therefore, Sally does the dusting on Tuesday.
- d. Terry does not dust, mop, do laundry, or vacuum. Therefore, Terry does the sweeping on Wednesday.
- b. Dusting is on Tuesday, sweeping is on Wednesday, mopping is on Thursday, and laundry is on Friday. Therefore, the vacuuming is done on Monday.
- e. Vernon does not vacuum, dust, or sweep. Randy does the vacuuming, Sally does the dusting, Terry does the sweeping–leaving laundry and mopping for Uma and Vernon. Uma does not do laundry; therefore, she must mop, and Vernon does the laundry.
- d. Uma does the mopping, which is done on Thursday.
Today on Education.com
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Child Development Theories
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- The Homework Debate
- Graduation Inspiration: Top 10 Graduation Quotes
- Social Cognitive Theory
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- First Grade Sight Words List