Circuits Practice Problems for AP Physics B & C
Review the following concepts if necessary:
- Resistance and Ohm's Law for AP Physics B & C
- Resistors in Series and in Parallel for AP Physics B & C
- The V-I-R Chart for AP Physics B & C
- Kirchoff 's Laws for AP Physics B & C
- Circuits from an Experimental Point of View for AP Physics B & C
- RC Circuits: Steady-State Behavior for AP Physics B & C
- Circuits: Of Special Interest to Physics C Students
- A 100 Ω, 120 Ω, and 150 Ω resistor are connected to a 9-V battery in the circuit shown above. Which of the three resistors dissipates the most power?
- the 100 Ω resistor
- the 120 Ω resistor
- the 150 Ω resistor
- both the 120 Ω and 150 Ω
- all dissipate the same power
- A 1.0-F capacitor is connected to a 12-V power supply until it is fully charged. The capacitor is then disconnected from the power supply, and used to power a toy car. The average drag force on this car is 2 N. About how far will the car go?
- 36 m
- 72 m
- 144 m
- 24 m
- 12 m
- Three resistors are connected to a 10-V battery as shown in the diagram above. What is the current through the 2.0 Ω resistor?
- 0.25 A
- 0.50 A
- 1.0 A
- 2.0 A
- 4.0 A
- Three capacitors are connected as shown in the diagram above. C1 = 2μ;F; C2 = 4μF; C3 = 6μF. If the battery provides a potential of 9 V, how much charge is stored by this system of capacitors?
- 3.0 μC
- 30 μC
- 2.7 μC
- 27 μC
- 10 μC
- What is the resistance of an ideal ammeter and an ideal voltmeter?
- Simplify the above circuit so that it consists of one equivalent resistor and the battery.
- What is the total current through this circuit?
- Find the voltage across each resistor. Record your answers in the spaces below.
- Voltage across 200 Ω resistor: ______
- Voltage across 300 Ω resistor: ______
- Voltage across 400 Ω resistor: ______
- Voltage across 500 Ω resistor: ______
- Find the current through each resistor. Record your answers in the spaces below.
- Current through 200 Ω resistor: ______
- Current through 300 Ω resistor: ______
- Current through 400 Ω resistor: ______
- Current through 500 Ω resistor: ______
- The 500 Ω resistor is now removed from the circuit. State whether the current through the 200 Ω resistor would increase, decrease, or remain the same. Justify your answer.
Today on Education.com
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Social Cognitive Theory
- The Homework Debate
- GED Math Practice Test 1