The Cold War Practice Test
Review the following study guides if necessary:
- Cold War in Europe
- The Cold War in Eastern Europe
- NATO and Warsaw Pact Countries
- Rebuilding Europe During the Cold War
- Cold War Conflict
1. The Marshall Plan offered aid to
A. all the nations of Europe.
B. all nations behind the Iron Curtain.
C. all nations that had fought for the Allies during the war.
D. all nations west of the Iron Curtain.
2. What was the purpose of the Berlin Airlift?
A. to get supplies to West Berlin in spite of the blockade
B. to help people escape from East Berlin or East Germany
C. to return German refugees to their homes after the war
D. to provide aid to any Iron Curtain nation
3. One important reason for the Allied occupation of Germany was
A. to help Germany rearm.
B. to discuss plans for the United Nations.
C. to obliterate all surviving elements of Nazism.
D. to divide the country into two independent nations.
4. The Berlin Wall was built in order to
A. prevent Westerners from entering East Berlin.
B. prevent East Germans from entering West Berlin.
C. block Allied or Western access to West Berlin.
D. prevent violence from breaking out in Berlin.
5. At the end of the civil war in Vietnam, the North and South were united under _____________________
A. a constitutional monarchy.
B. a democratic republic.
C. a Communist dictatorship.
D. a hereditary monarchy.
6. ____________________ was one advantage of life under Communist rule.
A. Freedom of expression
B. Comfortable housing
C. High wages
D. Full employment
7. Which of the following best describes the result of the Korean War?
A. a victory for Communist North Korea
B. a victory for democratic South Korea
C. a stalemate
8. Recent memories of ____________________ persuaded Stalin to maintain a safety zone of friendly states on the western border of the USSR.
A. czarist rule
B. international peace treaties
C. nuclear bombings
D. German invasions
9. _________________________ was the only Eastern European Communist nation to avoid Soviet domination.
B. East Germany
10. ____________________ rebelled against the forces of communism by emigrating westward.
B. East Germans
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Definitions of Social Studies
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Curriculum Definition
- Theories of Learning
- Child Development Theories