The French Revolution and Napoleonic Wars Practice Test
Review the following study guides if necessary:
- The French Revolution and Napoleonic Wars Help
- Major Causes of the French Revolution Help
- The Estates General Help
- Toward a New Government - National Assembly Help
- The Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen Help
- The First Republic - Legislative Assembly Help
- The Terror in the French Revolution Help
- The Rise of Napoleon Help
- The Congress of Vienna Help
1. The people of Paris succeeded in overtaking the Bastille because
A. they had planned the attack with great care.
B. they knew of the existence of the Declaration of the Rights of Man.
C. they were outraged over the dismissal of Jacques Necker.
D. the National Guard did nothing to stop them.
2. The Legislative Assembly decided against establishing a constitutional monarchy because
A. the king refused to rule jointly with the legislature.
B. the radical and republican deputies outnumbered the monarchists.
C. Louis XVI proved by his attempted escape that he could not be trusted.
D. the people of Paris were determined that the king should be executed.
3. An alliance with _____________ made it possible for the Third Estate to establish a new government.
A. Louis XVI
B. Maximilien Robespierre
C. poor members of the First Estate
D. members of the Second Estate
4. All members of the First Estate were
A. common working people.
C. hereditary nobles.
D. soldiers in the regular army.
5. The women of Paris marched on Versailles in 1789 to
A. burn down the palace.
B. arrest and imprison the royal family.
C. steal whatever they could find.
D. demand an end to the food shortage.
6. Napoleon signed a concordat with the pope and restored the Catholic Church in France because
A. he was a devout Catholic.
B. he was afraid of the power of the pope.
C. he believed that a traditional form of worship was important to the people.
D. he wanted to maintain the French clergy in a position of power.
7. The Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen guaranteed _________________
A. individual rights and freedoms to the people of France.
B. a specific form of government.
C. an end to the hereditary monarchy.
D. the establishment of a new Fourth Estate.
8. Which group of people was the most politically conservative?
A. the First Estate
B. the Second Estate
C. the Third Estate
D. the armed forces
9. Napoleon’s 1812 invasion of Russia failed primarily because
A. the French army could not withstand the Russian winter.
B. his army was poorly and unwisely commanded.
C. he did not have enough troops to defeat the Russians.
D. the Russian army was better trained than the French.
10. Why did the delegates to the Congress of Vienna recommend German unification?
A. because Prussia had played a significant role in defeating Napoleon
B. because Britain and Prussia were allies
C. because a united Germany would balance France as a strong central nation
D. because there had been too much warfare among the German states
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Theories of Learning
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Child Development Theories
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Curriculum Definition
- Teaching Your Kids About Ramadan