World Trade and Empires in Europe Practice Test
Review the following study guides if necessary:
- World Trade and Empires in Europe
- British Trade in India History
- European Trade With China and Southeast Asia
- Europeans Rule Africa
1. ____________________ was the Indian raw material most important to the British economy.
2. The British drove France out of India during ________________
A. the Sepoy Mutiny.
B. the Seven Years’ War.
C. the Great War.
D. World War II.
3. European religious organizations welcomed colonization primarily because
A. they believed in European racial superiority.
B. they wanted to make new converts.
C. they no longer felt welcome in Europe.
D. they hoped to make economic gains.
4. Why were rural Africans less affected than urban ones by the occupying Europeans?
A. They were less accessible.
B. They were less educated.
C. They were less wealthy.
D. They were less intimidated.
5. The Dutch were able to demand high prices in Europe for Javanese sugar, coffee, and tea because
A. it cost them a lot of money to transport them to Europe.
B. Europeans did not often travel to Java.
C. the Suez Canal was not opened until 1869.
D. these crops could not be cultivated in the European climate.
6. The Southeast Asian nation of _____________ remained independent throughout the period of European colonization.
7. Britain established virtual rule over Egypt in order to maintain control over ___________________
C. the Suez Canal.
D. the Bay of Bengal.
8. Europe made its greatest profits from the Atlantic slave trade between
A. 1650 and 1750.
B. 1750 and 1800.
C. 1800 and 1850.
D. 1850 and 1900.
9. After the British takeover, India was under the authority of the British monarch, but the day-to-day administration was carried out by
A. the military.
B. the civil service.
C. the missionaries.
D. the East India Company.
10. The Suez Canal connected the Red Sea with the
A. Mediterranean Sea.
B. Indian Ocean.
C. Bay of Bengal.
D. Arabian Sea.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Definitions of Social Studies
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Curriculum Definition
- Theories of Learning
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories