Geometry Word Problems Practice Problems
To review these concepts, go to Geometry Word Problems Study Guide.
- If angles 1 and 2 are alternating angles, and the measure of angle 2 is 110°, what is the measure of angle 1?
- Angles F and G form a right angle. If angle F is 42°, what is the measure of angle G?
- Angles 1 and 2 are supplementary, and angles 1 and 3 are vertical. If the measure of angle 2 is 56°, what is the measure of angle 3?
- A triangle has one angle that is 13° and one angle that is 77°. What kind of triangle is it?
- If an isosceles triangle has one angle that is 100°, what are the measures of the other two angles?
- What is the base of a triangle whose area is 48 square units and whose height is 10 units?
- What is the perimeter of an isosceles triangle whose bases measure 12 inches and whose longest side is 20 inches?
- The angles of triangles JKL and MNO are identical. If the area of triangle JKL is four times the area of triangle MNO, and side JK is 16 meters long, how long is side MN?
- Right triangle XYZ has a hypotenuse of 10 centimeters. If the length of one leg is 6 centimeters, what is the length of the other leg?
- If the length of one leg of an isosceles triangle ABC is 8 feet, what is the length of the hypotenuse of triangle ABC?
- If a quadrilateral has four right angles, what type of quadrilateral could it be?
- What quadrilateral has perpendicular diagonals that are not congruent?
- One base of a trapezoid measures 16 meters, and the other measures 10 meters. If the height of the trapezoid is 4 meters, what is the area?
- If a rhombus has an area of 117 centimeters2 and a height of 9 centimeters, what is the base of the rhombus?
- The area of a square is 81 square feet. If the length of each side of the square is doubled, what is the area of the new square?
- What is the diameter of a circle whose radius is 100 inches?
- If the radius of a circle is 4 feet, what is the area of the circle?
- The circumference of a circle is 18π units. What is the diameter of the circle?
- If the area of a circle is 144π square units, what is the diameter of the circle?
- If the area of a circle is 361π centimeters2, what is the circumference of the circle?
- If a rectangular prism has a length of 14 inches, a width of 9 inches, and a height of 10 inches, what is the volume of the prism?
- A sphere has a volume of 972π centimeters3. What is the radius of the sphere?
- What is the volume of a cylinder whose radius is 8 feet and whose height is 12 feet?
- If a cone has a volume of 300π inches3 and a height of 36 inches, what is the radius of the cone?
- The area of one side of a cube is 2.56 meters2. What is the volume of the cube?
- What is the surface area of a cylinder with a radius of 6 yards and a height of 18 yards?
- The surface area of a sphere is 213.16π millimeters3. What is the radius of the sphere?
- If the volume of a cube is 343 inches3, what is the surface area of the cube?
- A rectangular prism has a length of 3 meters and a width of 2.2 meters. If the prism has a volume of 27.06 meters3, what is the surface area of the prism?
- The area of the base of a cylinder is 16π centimeters2. If the height of the cylinder is 8 centimeters, what is the surface area of the cylinder?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Theories of Learning
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Child Development Theories
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Curriculum Definition
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development