Internal Punctuation Practice
Review the lesson for Internal Punctuation Help.
Internal Punctuation Practice
Quotation Marks, Commas, and End Marks
Place quotation marks, commas, and end marks in the following sentences, and change to caps as needed, or note that they are correct as written.
- Are you going to the class reunion asked Jennifer
- I can't wait another minute Lee announced how did your job interview go
- Randy said his graduation gift from his grandparents would blow you away
- Yes I would like that thank you said Henry
- Isn't it just like Jane to say something like that thought Kevin
- Your projects on photosynthesis are due on Monday said Mr. Lang
- The police officer asked the suspect where were you on February 12 at 9:00 a.m.
- The pictures sighed the photographer came out blurry
- My manager reminded us that the customer is always right
- The next stop is Chambers Street said the bus driver
Determine where the parentheses should be placed in the following sentences.
- While at the resort, you may have breakfast a in your room, b on the deck, or c by the pool.
- We skated or should I say swept the floor at the rink this weekend.
- The British Broadcasting Company BBC broadcasts on cable channel 67.
- The girls were all given brown fuzzy teddy bears cute! for their birthdays.
- You should indicate the CDs you want before they sell out.
- At the convenience store, there was a line that consisted of 15 people which made it not so convenient.
- The American Automobile Association AAA has serviced millions of members since 1921.
- On April 12, 1861, the Civil War began with the battle at Fort Sumter National Geographic, 2002.
- Mohandas Mahatma Gandhi 1869–1948 was a leader of peaceful protest in India during the 1930s.
- While fluidly interchangeable, the steps of the writing process are 1 draft, 2 write, 3 revise, 4 edit, and 5 publish.
Determine where the brackets belong in the following sentences.
- "The Trojan Horse," stated Mrs. Mitchell, "was not a gift, but really a cleverly plotted red herring decoy created by the Greeks."
- A favorite dance saying is that "if dance were any easier, it would be football."
- "If I were you," said Nathan, "I wouldn't put it the project off to the last minute."
- After my wife and I purchased it our second house, we were overjoyed.
- "As a teacher, he Mr. Johnson is obliged to report any misconduct he sees throughout the day," said Mr. Cancro.
Italics and Underlining
Identify the words and phrases that need to be italicized (or underlined) in the following sentences.
- "Bonjour, mon ami," my French neighbor said to me.
- Newsweek and Time are two popular newsmagazines around the world.
- It is so annoying when you whine—please stop!
- Hunt for Red October was an engaging novel written by Tom Clancy, as well as a successful film.
- How do you know it's what she wants?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Child Development Theories
- Definitions of Social Studies
- Grammar Lesson: Complete and Simple Predicates
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Theories of Learning
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development