The Five Kingdoms and Classifying Organisms Practice Questions
Review these concepts at: The Five Kingdoms and Classifying Organisms Study Guide
1. A feature that distinguishes organisms from the Kingdom Monera is that their cells
a. contain specialized organelles.
b. contain a nucleus.
c. contain chloroplasts.
d. lack a nucleus.
2. Which of the following statements is true about the binomial nomenclature system of classification?
a. The genus and species names describe a specific organism.
b. The category of Kingdom is very specific.
c. The category of species is very broad.
d. Three names are needed to correctly specify a particular organism.
3. Which Kingdom contains organisms that have plant-like and animal-like characteristics?
a. Animal Kingdom
b. Plant Kingdom
c. Fungi Kingdom
d. Moneran Kingdom
4. Which of the following answers has the different classification levels in the correct order from most general to most specific?
a. Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, species
b. Order, Family, Genus, species, Class, Phylum, Kingdom
c. species, Genus, Family, Order, Class, Phylum, Kingdom
d. Kingdom, Phylum, Class, species, Genus, Family, Order
5. Which of the following Kingdom's members are multicellular AND autotrophic?
6. Which of the following Kingdom's members have tissue called mycelium?
Today on Education.com
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Social Cognitive Theory
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- The Homework Debate
- First Grade Sight Words List