The Five Kingdoms and Classifying Organisms Practice Questions
Review these concepts at: The Five Kingdoms and Classifying Organisms Study Guide
1. A feature that distinguishes organisms from the Kingdom Monera is that their cells
a. contain specialized organelles.
b. contain a nucleus.
c. contain chloroplasts.
d. lack a nucleus.
2. Which of the following statements is true about the binomial nomenclature system of classification?
a. The genus and species names describe a specific organism.
b. The category of Kingdom is very specific.
c. The category of species is very broad.
d. Three names are needed to correctly specify a particular organism.
3. Which Kingdom contains organisms that have plant-like and animal-like characteristics?
a. Animal Kingdom
b. Plant Kingdom
c. Fungi Kingdom
d. Moneran Kingdom
4. Which of the following answers has the different classification levels in the correct order from most general to most specific?
a. Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, species
b. Order, Family, Genus, species, Class, Phylum, Kingdom
c. species, Genus, Family, Order, Class, Phylum, Kingdom
d. Kingdom, Phylum, Class, species, Genus, Family, Order
5. Which of the following Kingdom's members are multicellular AND autotrophic?
6. Which of the following Kingdom's members have tissue called mycelium?
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
WORKBOOKSMay Workbooks are Here!
WE'VE GOT A GREAT ROUND-UP OF ACTIVITIES PERFECT FOR LONG WEEKENDS, STAYCATIONS, VACATIONS ... OR JUST SOME GOOD OLD-FASHIONED FUN!Get Outside! 10 Playful Activities
Local SAT & ACT Classes
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Steps in the IEP Process