What's the Ocean Practice Questions
Review the following concepts at: What's the Ocean Study Guide
1. Use the conversion factor of 1 kilometer = 0.62 miles to calculate the approximate average depth of the world ocean in miles.
2. The geographical and geological feature of the ocean that can control sea level over long time periods is called which of the following?
b. continental shelf
c. shelf break
d. ocean abyss
3. Which ocean is directly connected to more of the other oceans than any other ocean is?
a. the Pacific Ocean
b. the Atlantic Ocean
c. the Arctic Ocean
d. the Antarctic Circumpolar Ocean
4. The shallow zone of the ocean around continents is called which of the following?
5. The two geographical parts of the ocean that are actually geological parts of continents are which of the following?
a. shelf and ridge
b. ridge and slope
c. slope and shelf
d. abyss and ridge
6. What are the two most abundant ions in the ocean?
a. sulfate and sodium
b. chloride and magnesium
c. magnesium and sulfate
d. chloride and sodium
7. One place in the ocean where the water is a bit less saline than the world average is which of the following?
a. the Arctic
b. the Mediterranean
c. the equator
d. deep water
8. The symbol for parts per thousand is which of the following?
9. The difference between abundance of the phosphate ion in the surface water and the deep water is caused by which of the following?
a. regeneration by bacteria down deep and consumption by phytoplankton at the surface
b. consumption by bacteria down deep and regeneration by phytoplankton at the surface
c. regeneration by phytoplankton down deep and consumption by bacteria at the surface
d. consumption by bacteria down deep and regeneration by phytoplankton at the surface
10. Phytoplankton are which one of the following?
c. benthic organisms
1. b. 2.5
2. a. ridge
3. d. the Antarctic Circumpolar
4. d. shelf
5. c. slope and shelf
6. d. chloride and sodium
7. a. Arctic
8. b. °/00
9. a. regeneration by bacteria down deep and consumption by phytoplankton at the surface
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
WORKBOOKSMay Workbooks are Here!
ACTIVITIESGet Outside! 10 Playful Activities
Local SAT & ACT Classes
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Bullying in Schools
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- First Grade Sight Words List