Organic Chemistry Rapid Review for AP Chemistry
For a more thorough review, refer to these concepts:
- Alkanes for AP Chemistry
- Structural Isomerism for AP Chemistry
- Common Functional Groups and Macromolecules for AP Chemistry
- Organic chemistry is the chemistry of carbon and its compounds.
- Hydrocarbons are organic compounds of just carbon and hydrogen atoms.
- Alkanes are hydrocarbons in which there are only single bonds.
- Alkanes are named in a very systematic way. Review the rules for naming alkanes.
- Isomers are compounds that have the same molecular formulas but different structural formulas. Review the writing of the various structural isomers of alkanes. Make sure that each carbon atom has four bonds.
- A functional group is a group of atoms that is the reactive part of the molecule. Review the general functional groups.
- Macromolecules are large molecules that may have molecular masses in the millions. Macromolecules are generally composed of repeating units called monomers.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Grammar Lesson: Complete and Simple Predicates
- Definitions of Social Studies
- Child Development Theories
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Social Cognitive Theory
- How to Practice Preschool Letter and Name Writing
- Theories of Learning