Organic Chemistry Rapid Review for AP Chemistry
For a more thorough review, refer to these concepts:
- Alkanes for AP Chemistry
- Structural Isomerism for AP Chemistry
- Common Functional Groups and Macromolecules for AP Chemistry
- Organic chemistry is the chemistry of carbon and its compounds.
- Hydrocarbons are organic compounds of just carbon and hydrogen atoms.
- Alkanes are hydrocarbons in which there are only single bonds.
- Alkanes are named in a very systematic way. Review the rules for naming alkanes.
- Isomers are compounds that have the same molecular formulas but different structural formulas. Review the writing of the various structural isomers of alkanes. Make sure that each carbon atom has four bonds.
- A functional group is a group of atoms that is the reactive part of the molecule. Review the general functional groups.
- Macromolecules are large molecules that may have molecular masses in the millions. Macromolecules are generally composed of repeating units called monomers.
Today on Education.com
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Child Development Theories
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- Problems With Standardized Testing
- The Homework Debate