Addition of Whole Numbers Help
Addition of Whole Numbers
In mathematics, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division are called operations . The numbers being added are called addends . The total is called the sum.
To add two or more numbers, first write them in a column, and then add the digits in the columns from right to left. If the sum of the digits in any column is 10 or more, write the ones digit and carry the tens digit to the next column and add it to the numbers in that column .
Add 24 + 185 + 3,625 + 9.
Math Note: To check addition, add from the bottom to the top.
Addition of Whole Numbers Practice Problems
1. 43 + 271 + 16
2. 523 + 8,312 + 53
3. 6,275,341 + 379,643
4. 263 + 62,971 + 56 + 483
5. 3,741 + 60 + 135 + 23,685
More practice problems for these concepts can be found at: Whole Numbers Practice Test.
Today on Education.com
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Social Cognitive Theory
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- The Homework Debate
- First Grade Sight Words List