Multiplication of a Polynomial by a Monomial Help
Multiplication of a Polynomial by a Monomial
When a polynomial is multiplied by a monomial, the distributive property is used. Recall from Chapter 7 that the distributive property states that a(b + c) = a · b + a · c.
To multiply a polynomial by a monomial, multiply each term in the polynomial by the monomial .
Multiply x(2x + 3y).
Multiply 5x 2 y(3x + 2y - 6)
Multiplication of a Polynomial by a Monomial Practice Problems
- 8(2x + 2y - 6)
- 4x(5x 2 - 6x 2 - 12)
- -3xy 2 (2xy +6x 2 -10)
- -c 2 d 3 (3c 2 + 4cd - 5d 2 )
- 6ab(3a - 2b + 4c 2 )
- 16x + 16y - 48
- 20x 3 - 24x 2 + 48x
- -6x 2 y 3 - 18x 3 y 2 + 30xy 2
- -3c 4 d 3 -4c 3 d 4 + 5c 2 d 5
- 18a 2 b - 12ab 2 + 24abc 2
Practice problems for these concepts can be found at: Operations With Monomials And Polynomials Practice Test.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Child Development Theories
- Definitions of Social Studies
- Grammar Lesson: Complete and Simple Predicates
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Theories of Learning
- How to Practice Preschool Letter and Name Writing