Operations with Positive and Negative Decimals Help
Operations with Positive and Negative Decimals
When performing operations with decimals that are positive and negative, perform the operations using the rules given in Addition and Subtraction.
Add –8.23 + (-0.61).
Recall that when two negative numbers are added, the answer is negative.
Multiply –3.6 × 2.01.
Since a negative number times a positive number is negative, the answer –7.236.
Operations with Positive and Negative Decimals Practice Problems
Perform the indicated operation:
1. –18.62 + 3.25
2. –0.06 – 1.4
3. –3.7 × (–2.95)
4. –18.27 – (–3.5)
5. 4.5 – 10.95
Practice problems for these concepts can be found at: Decimals Practice Test.
Add your own comment
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- Bullying in Schools
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working