Multiplication of Fractions Help
Multiplication of Fractions
Multiplying fractions uses the principle of cancellation . Cancellation saves you from reducing the answer after multiplying.
To cancel, divide any numerator and any denominator by the largest number possible (that is, the greatest common factor) .
To multiply two or more fractions :
- Step 1 Cancel if possible .
- Step 2 Multiply numerators .
- Step 3 Multiply denominators .
- Step 4 Simplify the answer if possible .
Multiplication of Fractions Practice Problems
Practice problems for these concepts can be found at: More Advanced Fractions Practice Test.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Definitions of Social Studies
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Curriculum Definition
- Theories of Learning
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Child Development Theories
- 8 Things First-Year Students Fear About College