Adverbs Help Practice Exercises
Read the following study guide for a concept review:
Activity 1: WORD MATCH
Match each vocabulary word on the left with a word on the right that means almost the same thing.
|1. adamantly||_____||a. generously|
|2. balefully||_____||b. stubbornly|
|3. coherently||_____||c. robustly|
|4. decidedly||_____||d. luxuriously|
|5. ignominiously||_____||e. menacingly|
|6. incorrigibly||_____||f. industriously|
|7. inexplicably||_____||g. comprehensibly|
|8. inimitably||_____||h. definitely|
|9. insatiably||_____||i. dishonorably|
|10. languidly||_____||j. obstinately|
|11. magnanimously||_____||k. considerately|
|12. meticulously||_____||l. cynically|
|13. opulently||_____||m. mysteriously|
|14. prolifically||_____||n. hopelessly|
|15. pungently||_____||o. exclusively|
|16. quiescently||_____||p. lazily|
|17. resiliently||_____||q. scrupulously|
|18. sardonically||_____||r. cuttingly|
|19. solicitously||_____||s. voraciously|
|20. tenaciously||_____||t. quietly|
Activity 2: TRUE OR FALSE?
Read each statement. Write T if the underlined adverb is used correctly and F if it is used incorrectly.
- Your teachers have just coherently told you what to expect on your final, so you're relieved because you understood it perfectly
- Your children have spent the afternoon acting incorrigibly and you're completely exhausted from it.
- When you accidentally get a dent in your parents' car, you're scared that they'll respond magnanimously.
- Your house is decorated opulently so you're quite proud to show it off to others.
- Your best friend is speaking inexplicably about what happened to your sweater she borrowed, and you're satisfied with her excuse.
Activity 3: GET CREATIVE
This one should sound familiar by now. Just as you did in previous lessons, use at least five vocabulary-word adverbs with the verbs in this box to make sentences.
read talk work listen watch write learn behave give rest hear eat act paint offer
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Grammar Lesson: Complete and Simple Predicates
- Definitions of Social Studies
- Child Development Theories
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- How to Practice Preschool Letter and Name Writing
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Curriculum Definition