Ecology Review Questions for AP Biology
Review the following concepts if needed:
- Population Ecology and Growth for AP Biology
- Community and Succession for AP Biology
- Trophic Levels and Biomes for AP Biology
- How would you describe the population depicted in the age structure graph shown here?
- Growing rapidly
- Growing slowly
- Not growing at all
- Experiencing slow negative growth
- Experiencing rapid negative growth
- Carbon is most commonly present in the atmosphere in what form?
- Which of the following is a density-dependent limiting factor?
- The process by which bacteria themselves use the nitrate of the environment, releasing N2 as a product, is called:
- nitrogen fixation.
- abiotic fixation.
- chemosynthetic autotrophism.
- nitrogen turnover.
- At what point on the graph does the decline in rabbit population act as a limiting factor to the survival of the foxes, leading to a decline in their population size?
- A collection of all the individuals of an area combined with the environment in which they exist is called a/an
- Aposometric coloration
- Batesian mimicry
- Müllerian mimicry
- Cryptic coloration
- Deceptive markings
- beetle that has the coloration of a yellow jacket is displaying which defense mechanism?
- A moth whose body color matches that of the trees in which it lives is displaying which defense mechanism?
- Two different lizard species, each possessing a particular chemical defense mechanism and sharing a similar body coloration are displaying which defense mechanism?
- A lizard with a chemical defense mechanism has a bright-colored body as a warning to predators that it is one tough customer is displaying which defense mechanism?
- Which of the following is not a characteristic of a K-selected population?
- Populations tend to be of a relatively constant size.
- Offspring produced tend to require extensive postnatal care.
- Primates are classified as K-selected organisms.
- Offspring are produced in large quantities.
- Offspring produced tend to be relatively large in size compared to R-selected offspring.
- Which of the following would have the survivorship curve shown in the following diagram?
- Tropical rain forest
- Deciduous forest
- This biome is known for having the most diverse variety of species.
- This biome is the driest of the land biomes.
- The predominate plant life of this biome is short shrubs or grasses.
- This biome is known for its cold, lengthy, and snowy winters and the presence of coniferous forests.
For question 5, please use the following curve:
For questions 7–10, please use the following answer choices:
For questions 13–16, please use the following answer choices:
Today on Education.com
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- April Fools! The 10 Best Pranks to Play on Your Kids
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Problems With Standardized Testing
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Theories of Learning
- Nature and Nurture