Laboratory Experiment Review Questions for AP Biology
By Mark Anestis — McGraw-Hill Professional
Updated on Oct 24, 2011
Review the following concepts if needed:
- Laboratory Experiment 1: Diffusion and Osmosis for AP Biology
- Laboratory Experiment 2: Enzyme Catalysis for AP Biology
- Laboratory Experiment 3: Mitosis And Meiosis for AP Biology
- Laboratory Experiment 4: Plant Pigments and Photosynthesis for AP Biology
- Laboratory Experiment 5: Cell Respiration for AP Biology
- Laboratory Experiment 6: Molecular Biology for AP Biology
- Laboratory Experiment 7: Genetics of Organisms for AP Biology
- Laboratory Experiment 8: Population Genetics and Evolution for AP Biology
- Laboratory Experiment 9: Transpiration for AP Biology
- Laboratory Experiment 10: Physiology of the Circulatory System for AP Biology
- Laboratory Experiment 11: Animal Behavior for AP Biology
- Laboratory Experiment 12: Dissolved Oxygen and Aquatic Primary Productivity for AP Biology
- If a dialysis bag with a solute concentration of 0.6 M is placed into a beaker with a solute concentration of 0.4 M, in which direction will water flow?
- Water will flow from the dialysis bag to the beaker.
- Water will flow from the beaker into the dialysis bag.
- Water will first flow out of the bag, and then back into the bag.
- The solution is already in equilibrium, and water will not move at all.
- It cannot be determined from the given information.
- What is the rate of reaction for the enzyme–substrate interaction shown in the graph below?
- 6 μmol/min (micromoles per minute)
- 5 μmol/min
- 4 μmol/min
- 3 μmol/min
- 2 μmol/min
- In an experiment involving Sordaria, an ascomycete fungus, it was found that of 450 offspring produced, 58 yielded a 2 : 2 : 2 : 2 ratio and 32, a 2 : 4 : 2 ratio. Approximately how far apart is the gene from the centromere?
- 10.0 map units
- 15.0 map units
- 20.0 map units
- 25.0 map units
- 30.0 map units
- A plant would show the highest rate of transpiration under which of the following conditions?
- High humidity
- Low temperature
- High light intensity
- Low air movement
- A cold rainy day
- Which of the following will result in a quicker rate of DNA migration on an electrophoresis gel?
- Increase in temperature of the gel
- Increase in amount of DNA added to the well
- Reversal of charge of gel, switching positive and negative sides
- Increase in current flowing through the gel
- Increase in length of time that the current is run through the gel
- A lab experiment is set up in which the participants represent heterozygous individuals (Aa) and each carry four notecards: two A cards and two a cards. Each member of the class produces the F1 generation by exchanging cards with another participant. Then 40 percent of the participants are randomly removed from the experiment and the remaining 60 percent are left to continue breeding and exchange cards. This experiment would be used to show what phenomenon?
- Natural selection
- Genetic drift
- Gene flow
- Which of the following would have the highest Q10 value?
- Individual with a heart rate of 60 at 30°C and a heart rate of 80 at 40°C
- Individual with a heart rate of 80 at 30°C and a heart rate of 60 at 40°C
- Individual with a heart rate of 60 at 30°C and a heart rate of 70 at 40°C
- Individual with a heart rate of 70 at 30°C and a heart rate of 60 at 40°C
- Individual with a heart rate of 60 at 30°C and a heart rate of 60 at 40°C
- An experiment shows the respiration rate of a sample to be 200 mg C/m2 per day and gross primary productivity to be 500 mg C/m2 per day. What would you expect the net primary productivity to be?
- 100 mg C/m2 per day
- 200 mg C/m2 per day
- 300 mg C/m2 per day
- 400 mg C/m2 per day
- 500 mg C/m2 per day
From 5 Steps to a 5 AP Biology. Copyright © 2010 by The McGraw-Hill Companies. All Rights Reserved.
Next Study Guide: Laboratory Experiment Rapid Review for AP Biology
Wondering what others found interesting? Check out our most popular articles.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Child Development Theories
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Theories of Learning
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Definitions of Social Studies
Take a look at what other users are searching for most.