Politics and Public Policymaking Review Questions for AP U.S. Government
The study guide for these practice questions can be found at:
- During the policymaking process, when a plan of action is executed by an agency or agencies, what important step has taken place?
- policy formulation
- policy implementation
- policy adoption
- agenda setting
- policy evaluation
- What has been the major goal of the government's education policy?
- give more power to the states
- increase the power of the Department of Education
- provide more money to low-income schools
- provide more programs for higher education
- ensure equal access to educational opportunity
- Which of the following is NOT associated with U.S. domestic policy?
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation
- The Environmental Protection Agency
- The Drug Enforcement Administration
- The National Security Council
- The Centers for Disease Control
- In the United States the largest percentage of government spending goes to
- Medicare and Medicaid programs
- public health services
- the Food and Drug Administration
- Centers for Disease Control
- the Veterans Administration
- Which of the following was the first major government act of economic support?
- the Great Society Act
- the Medicare and Medicaid Act
- the Social Security Act
- the Welfare Act
- the Reduction in Poverty Act
- Which of the following is true regarding U.S. economic policy?
- Government planners may make choices about nondiscretionary spending.
- The Department of the Treasury is held responsible for the economic health of the nation.
- The government raises revenue primarily through the collection of taxes.
- Discretionary spending includes interest on the national debt.
- Disaster aid is included under mandatory spending.
- Which of the following is NOT a part of the federal budget process?
- The Supreme Court reviews budget requests that are outside the realm of constitutional law.
- The executive branch (OMB) holds meetings to review budget proposals.
- Each federal agency submits an estimate of needs to the OMB.
- Congress debates budget proposals.
- Congress sends appropriations bills to the president.
- Which of the following is NOT a true statement?
- The purpose of foreign policy is to maintain peaceful relations with foreign nations.
- Foreign policy is the responsibility of the Congress through the secretary of state.
- The process of carrying out foreign policy is accomplished through foreign relations.
- Defense policy is the role that the military establishment plays in providing for the defense of the nation.
- Foreign policy involves all the strategies and procedures for dealing with other nations.
- Which of the following departments is most responsible for providing the president with military information that would be useful in dealing with foreign nations?
- the Department of State
- the Department of Defense
- the National Security Council
- the United States Information Agency
- the Central Intelligence Agency
- Current foreign policy issues include all of the following EXCEPT
- nuclear proliferation
- national defense
- international trade
- national education
From 5 Steps to a 5 AP US Givernment & Politics. Copyright © 2010 by The McGraw-Hill Companies. All Rights Reserved.
Next Study Guide: Politics and Public Policymaking Rapid Review for AP U.S. Government
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
WORKBOOKSMay Workbooks are Here!
ACTIVITIESGet Outside! 10 Playful Activities
Wondering what others found interesting? Check out our most popular articles.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- Bullying in Schools
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
Take a look at what other users are searching for most.