Common Spelling Rules, Prefixes, and Suffixes: Grammar Review Practice Exercises
Review the lesson for Common Spelling Rules, Prefixes, and Suffixes: Grammar Review Study Guide.
Practice Exercise: Spelling Words with ei or ie
For the following questions, choose either ie or ei to spell each word given correctly. Then, check your answers at the end of the exercises.
Practice Exercise: Doubling the Final Consonant
Choose the correct ending to spell each word correctly. Then, check your answers at the end of the chapter.
- steal → stealling stealing
- shop → shopped shoped
- tax → taxing taxxing
- step → stepping steping
- compel → compelling compeling
- portray → portrayed portrayyed
- draw → drawwing drawing
- need → needed needded
- perplex → perplexxing perplexing
- keep → keeping keepping
Practice Exercise: The Silent E
Choose the correct ending to spell each word given correctly. Then, check your answers at the end of the chapter.
- compete → competting competing
- hope → hopful hopeful
- pale → paling paleing
- state → stated statted
- compile → compilling compiling
- like → likly likely
- manage → management managment
- take → taken takn
- amaze → amazeing amazing
- arrive → arrived arriveed
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Definitions of Social Studies
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Curriculum Definition
- Theories of Learning
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories