The Skeletal System Practice Questions
Review these concepts at: The Skeletal System Study Guide
1. Which of the following is NOT a function of the skeletal system in animals?
a. storehouse of minerals
b. storehouse of oils
c. protection of internal organs
d. produce red blood cells
2. Which of the following is NOT true of bones?
a. They are alive.
b. They contain marrow, which produces white blood cells.
c. They are present in vertebrates.
d. They directly touch each other at a joint.
3. Xylem and phloem are plant tissues that
a. produce sugar molecules and oxygen.
b. transport water and nutrients throughout the plant.
c. contain chloroplasts.
d. produce seeds.
4. The products of photosynthesis in the leaves flow to the roots through vascular tissue called
5. Which of the following animals does NOT have an exoskeleton?
6. What type of tissue is found at joints and protects bones from rubbing against each other and becoming damaged?
1. b. The skeletal system does not store oils, but the other responses are true skeletal system functions.
2. d. Bones do not directly touch each other at joints; they are close enough to allow for support and movement but are still separated by connective tissue.
3. b. The transport of water and nutrients between the leaves and roots happens through the xylem and phloem tissues. These tissues also lend support to the plant.
4. a. phloem
5. d. earthworms
6. b. connective
Today on Education.com
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Child Development Theories
- GED Math Practice Test 1
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- The Homework Debate
- Problems With Standardized Testing