Technological Developments Review Questions for AP World History
The study guide for these review questions can be found at:
- Postindustrial economies are characterized by a large number of people involved in
- service industries.
- nuclear weaponry.
- Which of the following was NOT used first during World War I?
- Poison gas.
- The Helsinki Accords
- were a reaction against the insecurities of the nuclear age.
- were a nuclear disarmament plan.
- increased Cold War rivalries.
- called for a reduction in manned space flights.
- intended to increase communications among nations of the free world.
- Technology in the twentieth century accomplished all of the following EXCEPT
- unmanned space flights.
- genetic engineering.
- the use of robotics.
- manned space flights.
- the invention of railroads.
- Twentieth-century inventions and accomplishments
- did nothing to improve household chores.
- popularized radio, especially in Europe.
- saw continued U.S.-Soviet competition throughout the twentieth century.
- were sometimes detrimental to the quality of life.
- did not enhance leisure time activities.
- D—Postindustrial economies, in which agriculture, mining, and industry are highly productive, feature relatively large numbers of employment opportunities in service industries.
- C—Radar was first used in World War II. The other answer choices were initially used in World War I.
- A—The Helsinki Accords called for communication between communist and noncommunist nations, making (C) and (E) incorrect responses. They did not address nuclear disarmament (B) or space flights (D).
- E—Railroads were a nineteenth-century invention, whereas the remaining response choices were developed in the twentieth century.
- D—Twentieth-century developments included nuclear weaponry. They also included household appliances (A) and advances in entertainment (E). At the end of the twentieth century, the United States and the Soviet Union cooperated in space dockings and an international space station (C). Radio was more popular in the United States than in Europe (B).
Today on Education.com
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- The Homework Debate
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Social Cognitive Theory
- GED Math Practice Test 1